Friday, May 20, 2011

Trio of bruschetta

**Food shots clearly don't work when taken with hipstamatic but by the time I'd realized that my photo ops were devoured...

Yesterday after work we took a moment to chill on our porch for a snack of bruschettas. We both love Italian food and have amazing memories associated with nibbly meals like this one.

For my bruschetta Trio:

I cut up a beautiful cheesy foccacia that I bought from traders a few days ago and put in on a baking sheet with olive oil drizzled on top. I also broiled 4 slices of prosciutto for some protein and yummy smokey salty flavor.
While that broiled I quickly sauteed some cauliflower in olive oil & butter for about 5 minutes which was just long enough to soften and add that nutty flavor cauliflower gets when almost burnt. Then I tossed it in the food processor with salt, pep and mascarpone. When it was well blended but not fully creamy I smeared it on the grilled bread, topped with a bit of the crispy prosciutto and some grated parm.



I also sauteed some chopped brown button mushrooms in a pan with olive oil, butter, Italian seasoning, salt & pep till they were very golden and plated them on the bread with a bit of the prosciutto and a few sprinkles of basil.



Finally, I quickly mixed together chopped tomatos & fresh mozzarella balls with basil, olive oil, balsamic, salt & pep.


If it had been later in the day a glass of wine would have been lovely to have with this but we sipped espresso instead to get an energy cheat for the projects we had to do like string lights on the balcony! pics soon of that:)

No comments:

Post a Comment